- British adventurer, writer, motiovational speaker, TV presenter
|Real name:||Edward Michael Grylls|
|How tall is Bear Grylls?||182 cm / 6 ft 0 in||When was Bear Grylls born?||07 June 1974|
|How old is Bear Grylls in 2017? ||43 years|
|Where was Bear Grylls born?||Donaghadee, Northern Island, UK|
Net worth 2017
|How much does Bear Grylls worth?||$6,000,000|
|Hair color:||Dark Brown|
Who is Bear Grylls? / Facts
- Best known for his TV series Man vs. Wild (2006–2011), former known as Born Survivor: Bear Grylls in the UK. Grylls is also involved in a number of wilderness survival television series in the UK and US. In July 2009,
- Martial arts - In his youth he trained in martial arts, then was a soldier for 3 years in the British Special Forces, where he got most of his skills
- TV shows - Besides Born Survivor, he hosts shows like Running Wild on NBC, where he takes celebs like Barack Obama on his wild adventures. He owns and hosts the show The Island, broadcasted on Channel 4 in the UK and Bear Grylls Survival School on ITV, Survivor Games on Dragon TV in China
- Books - He is the author of 22 books: Mud, Sweat & Tears, Survival Guide for Life and True Grit, Mission Survival fiction books
- Awards and recognitions:
- 2015 BAFTA - Television | Reality And Constructed Factual (The Island With Bear Grylls)
- 2015 - Royal Television Society - Popular, Factual and Features (The Island With Bear Grylls)
- International Format Awards, the best TV host in the world
- The youngest ever Chief Scout (UK Scout Association)
- Honorary Colonel to the Royal Marine Commandos
- Eton College
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Life is an adventure. Live it!
- If you risk nothing, you gain nothing!
- Survival can be summed up in three words - never give up. That's the heart of it really. Just keep trying.
- A man's pride can be his downfall, and he needs to learn when to turn to others for support and guidance.
- As a young boy, scouting gave me a confidence and camaraderie that is hard to find in modern life.
- I am not fearless. I get scared plenty. But I have also learned how to channel that emotion to sharpen me.
- Look, sometimes, no matter how hard you try, sometimes you need a bit of luck.
- You only get one chance at life and you have to grab it boldly.
- Americans are cool; if you show just a chink of vulnerability, they respond so much. They'll pat you on the arm and say, 'Hey kid, you're all right.' Brits will respond but they are much more cynical.
- Survival requires us to leave our prejudices at home. It's about doing whatever it takes - and ultimately those with the biggest heart will win.
Bear Grylls Social Media Accounts
Shara Cannings Knight