- Scottish record producer, singer, songwriter and DJ
|Real name:||Adam Richard Wiles|
|How tall is Calvin Harris?||197 cm / 6 ft 6 in|
|Weight|| 91 kg / 201 lbs||When was Calvin Harris born?||17 January 1984|
|How old is Calvin Harris in 2017? ||33 years|
|Where was Calvin Harris born?||Dumfries, Scotland, UK|
|Residence:||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|How much does Calvin Harris worth?||$110,500,000|
Who is Calvin Harris? / Facts
- Busy man - DJ, singer, songwriter, producer. Wrote singles for Rihanna, Kylie Minogue, Scissor Sisters, Mary J Blige, Cheryl Cole and Pitbull among others. Wheeew. Hope he doesn't have any pets to look after. He says he'd be more happy now to be behind other artists and not the front man.
- Top man - He holds the record in UK with 8 top 10 singles charting from a studio album.
- Had a good ear from the beginning - Started his plunge into the music universe as a teen. He knew that he wanted to do this so he focused on pursuing a career in music. He recorded his first demos in his bedroom at 15 years old.
- Hard worker - Although a celebrity now, he climbed nicely and as a kid he did not shy away from hard work at a fish factory and a supermarket. Guess those hands have seen a lot. He just wanted to get enough money to buy DJ gear.
- Persistent - He had a tough time finding a job that paid the rent so he got back home to his folks and started to put his own recordings on his myspace profiles. His popularity grew so a scout from Global Gathering found him and eventually this lead to signing contracts with Sex Zero Group, EMI and Sony.
- All ears - Harris recognized parts of his own song in Chris Brown's "Yeah 3x" song, from his own work "I'm not alone". Chris Brown credited him for that track.
- Not quite up to date - Turned down to work with Lady Gaga in 2008, as he did not know who she was.
- Would do anything to look good - Even lying it seems as he claimed his laptop was stolen in the airport, containing the only copy of his new album. It was revealed later that he only wanted to buy himself some more time to finish it.
- Big hearted - Involved in charity with projects such as Hometime Scotland and The War Child.
- Fly high - Well Fly eye actually. Fly Eye Records is his own label.
- All on the table kind of guy - Well almost, as he was one of Emporio Armani's underwear models in for the Spring/Summer 2015 collection.
- Man of many talents - He wanted to be a football player when he was younger. He also wanted to be a policeman
- "I know how to treat my voice to make it sound as good as it possibly can - which is still not that good."
- "I try and sit on the fence because as soon as you voice any kind of opinion, people begin to think you're an idiot."
- "There are a lot of mindless moments in my tunes."
- "There's only so much you can do with a male voice in dance music."
- "I have legendary massive breakfasts at hotels. I don't hold back. I'll get there at 7 A.M. and I'll be the last out at 11 A.M., having gone up and down the buffet seven times."
- "I'm not good at interviews, I'm not good at dancing, I'm not good at looking like I'm having fun. I never will be, I don't think. Unless I go to a life coach."
- "Right at the start, when I was about 13 or 14, I only had an Amiga 500 Plus running a bit of tracker software called OctaMED. My brother was big into his computers, and when he moved up to a proper PC, I took charge of the Amiga."
- "Since I was 14, I wanted to make music, but I think I would also have made a good policeman. When I was eight, I wanted to be one so I could tell people off."
- "In Britain, you know there are people waiting to tear your stuff apart, so it's important for me to know that my music has subtleties and depth to it."
Calvin Harris Social Media Accounts
Latest video on Youtube