- Spanish-American actress, comedian, and flamenco guitarist, whose stage performance was named Best Variety Show in Las Vegas by the Time Magazine. She was also named Best Flamenco Guitar Player in the world, twice. Has appeared in various movies and has several top chart singles.
- Currently a cast member in the Dancing with the Stars 24th Season (2017), with Keo Motsepe as her partner.
- Became a US citizen in '77 by marrying Xavier Cugat. She's fluent in 5 languages and her "cuchi cuchi" trademark phrase and moves are widely known.
- For more interesting wiki facts about Charo, look no furter than below.
|Real name:||María del Rosario Mercedes Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza|
|How tall is Charo?||163 cm / 5 ft 5 in||When was Charo born?||13 March 1951|
|How old is Charo in 2017? ||66 years|
|Where was Charo born?||Murcia, Spain|
|Residence:||Beverly Hills, California, USA|
|Nicknames:||The Cuchi Cuchi Girl, Charito Baeza|
Net worth 2017
|How much does Charo worth?||$8,000,000|
Who is Charo? / Facts
- Dancing with the Stars - Her partner for the Dancing with the Stars 2017 season is Keoikantse Motsepe.
- Artist of many talents - Guitarist, singer, composer, actress and comedian to name just a few of them. Charo is definitely a multi talented artist that manages to keep it fresh at the age of 66.
- Cuchi Cuchi meaning - Despite the initial reaction to go to some shadie areas of our imagination, Cuchi cuchi has a far more simple origin. Coming from Charo's dog, Cuchillo (Spanish for knife), a mix of pitbull and Saint Bernard who use to come bite, then run for help.
- Charo nickname - Short for Rosario, Charo is one of the few artists that are recognized by a single name.
- Love boat - Playing the role of April Lopez
- Flamenco guitarist - Studied under the master Andrés Segovia and her skills are acclaimed throughout the whole flamenco universe.
- Journey to stardom - Starting with singing, she appeared in the classic film Don Juan Tenorio, later to be featured in a children TV show, where she was picked by Xavier Cugat to join their band to perform in Las Vegas' casinos. She married him in order to legally be able to stay in the USA. After a while she took up a solo career and her notoriety continued to rise.
- The Charo Rhythm - Is the style that Charo created and later saw adoption by numerous artists, combining 2 different languages in her salsa songs.
- Activism - From animal rights to civil rights, Charo got involved in them all. Her efforts lead to banning bull fighting in Catalonia. He is also a strong supporter of the LGBT community, appearig in RuPaul's Drag Race.
- Twice voted "Best Classical Flamenco Guitarist in the World" - Guitar Player Magazine
- Vice President of Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Winner of a Billboard International Latin Music Award
- Winner of Screen Actors Guild Award
- Winner of the prestigious Golden Eagle Award for Outstanding Entertainment of the Year
- Received the Key to the City of Las Vegas by Oscar Goodman (03/14/04)
- Honored with the "Charo Week Proclamation" from the City of San Francisco (08/02/05)
- If you believe in what you do, you are immortal. The day that you don't believe it, the day you're taking other people's opinion, you better go to Tijuana.
- Around the world, I am known as a great musician. But in America, I am known as the cuchi-cuchi girl. That's okay because cuchi-cuchi has taken me all the way to the bank.
- Cuchi-Cuchi showed me the way to the bank so thank you very much everybody.
- Right now I’m on the island of Kaua’i in Hawaii. We have a house here. I will be here for one more week and then I’m going back to Los Angeles where the action is. I’m going to start working on my new single.
- I was really into showing people who I was. If they liked it, hallelujah. If they didn’t, well, sorry, but I wasn’t going to change because that was me.
Charo Social Media Accounts
Kjell Rasten, Ru Paul, Keoikantse Motsepe