- American country singer and songwriter
||Troyal Garth Brooks
|When was Garth Brooks born?
||07 February 1962
|How old is Garth Brooks in 2017?
|How much does Garth Brooks worth?
Who is Garth Brooks? / Facts
- His integration of rock and roll elements into the country genre has earned him immense popularity in the United States
- Brooks has had great success in the country single and album charts, with multi-platinum recordings and record-breaking live performances, while also crossing over into the mainstream pop arena
- According to the RIAA, he is the best-selling solo albums artist in the United States with 138 million domestic units sold, ahead of Elvis Presley, and is second only to The Beatles in total album sales overall
- He is also one of the world's best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 160 million records
- Brooks is now the only artist in music history to have released seven albums that achieved diamond status in the United States (As of September 23, 2016)
- Those being: Garth Brooks (10× platinum), No Fences (17× platinum), Ropin' the Wind (14× platinum), The Hits (10× platinum), Sevens (10× platinum), Double Live (21× platinum), and "The Ultimate Hits" (10× platinum)
- Since 1989, Brooks has released 21 records in all, which include: 11 studio albums, 1 live album, 3 compilation albums, 3 Christmas albums and 4 box sets, along with 77 singles
- He won several awards in his career, including 2 Grammy Awards, 17 American Music Awards (including the "Artist of the '90s") and the RIAA Award for best-selling solo albums artist of the century in the United States
- Troubled by conflicts between career and family, Brooks retired from recording and performing from 2001 until 2009
- During this time, he sold millions of albums through an exclusive distribution deal with Walmart and sporadically released new singles
- In 2005, Brooks started a partial comeback, giving select performances and releasing two compilation albums
- In 2009, he began Garth at Wynn, a periodic weekend residency show at Las Vegas' Encore Theatre from December 2009 to January 2014
- Following the conclusion of the residency, Brooks announced his signing with Sony Music Nashville in July 2014
- In September 2014, he began his comeback tour, The Garth Brooks World Tour, with wife and musician Trisha Yearwood
- His upcoming album, Gunslinger, is set for release on November 25, 2016
- Brooks was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on October 21, 2012