- James Douglas "Jim" Morrison was an American singer, songwriter, and poet best remembered as the lead singer of the Doors
|When was Jim Morrison born?||08 December 1943|
|When did Jim Morrison die? / Died||03 July 1971|
|How many years did Jim Morrison live? / Lived||27 years|
Jim Morrison facts
- As a result of his lyrics, wild personality, performances, and the dramatic circumstances surrounding his life and death, Morrison is regarded by critics and fans as one of the most iconic and influential frontmen in rock music history
- In the later part of the 20th century, his fame endured as one of the popular culture's most rebellious and oft-displayed icons, representing the generation gap and youth counterculture
- He was also well known for improvising spoken word poetry passages while the band played live
- Morrison was ranked number 47 on Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Singers of All Time", and number 22 on Classic Rock magazine's "50 Greatest Singers In Rock"
- Ray Manzarek, who co-founded the Doors with him, said Morrison "embodied hippie counterculture rebellion"
- Morrison was sometimes referred to by other nicknames, such as "Lizard King" and "King of Orgasmic Rock"
- Morrison developed an alcohol dependency during the 1960s, which at times affected his performances on stage
- He died at the age of 27 in Paris, possibly from an accidental heroin overdose
- As no autopsy was performed, the exact cause of Morrison's death is still disputed
- Morrison is interred at Père Lachaise Cemetery in eastern Paris
75 Aniversario IES Emilio Jimeno, ?????/KINGJIM, Abdul-Adeem Karjimi, Abiola Ajimobi, Ade Jimoh, Adrián Juárez Jiménez, Adam Morrison, Adrian Morrison, Adrian R. Morrison, Aileen Morrison, Alan Morrison (lawyer), Alan Morrison (organist)