- British film and stage actress, a singer, an author, a theatre director, and a dancer
|Real name:||Dame Julia Elizabeth Andrews|
|How tall is Julie Andrews?||172 cm / 5 ft 8 in||When was Julie Andrews born?||01 October 1935|
|How old is Julie Andrews in 2018? ||82 years|
|Where was Julie Andrews born?||Walton-on-Thames, United Kingdom|
Net worth 2018
|How much does Julie Andrews worth?||$45,000,000|
Who is Julie Andrews? / Facts
- Andrews, a child actress and singer, appeared on the West End in 1948, and made her Broadway debut in The Boy Friend (1954)
- She rose to prominence starring in Broadway musicals such as My Fair Lady (1956) and Camelot (1960)
- In 1957, Andrews starred in the premiere of Rodgers and Hammerstein's written-for-television musical Cinderella, a live network broadcast seen by over 100 million viewers
- Andrews made her feature film debut in Mary Poppins (1964), and won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the title role
- She starred in The Sound of Music (1965), playing Maria, and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Musical
- Between 1964 and 1986, she starred in, The Americanization of Emily (1964), Hawaii (1966), Torn Curtain (1966), Thoroughly Modern Millie (1967), Star! (1968), The Tamarind Seed (1974), 10 (1979), Victor Victoria (1982), That's Life! (1986), and Duet for One (1986)
- In 2000, Andrews was made a Dame by Queen Elizabeth II for services to the performing arts
- In 2002, she was ranked #59 in the BBC's poll of the 100 Greatest Britons
- In 2003, she revisited her first Broadway success, this time as a stage director, with a revival of The Boy Friend
- From 2001 to 2004, Andrews starred in The Princess Diaries (2001), The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004)
- From 2004 to 2010, she lent her voice to the Shrek animated films, and Despicable Me (2010)
- Andrews has won an Academy Award, a BAFTA, five Golden Globes, three Grammys, two Emmys, the Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award, the Kennedy Center Honors Award, and the Disney Legend Award
- She is an author of children's books, and has published her autobiography, Home: A Memoir of My Early Years (2008)
Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time.
I don't want to be thought of as wholesome.
As my mother said, I never sprang out of bed with a glad shout! My voice needed oiling and then it took off
As soon as you have one, all those dormant maternal instincts start popping out all over you, like German measles.
Julie Andrews Social Media Accounts