- Mary Jane Blige is an American singer, songwriter, model, record producer and actress
|When was Mary J. Blige born?
||11 January 1971
|How old is Mary J. Blige in 2018?
Mary J. Blige facts
- Starting her career as a background singer on Uptown Records in 1989, Blige released her first album, What's the 411?, in 1992, and has released 12 studio albums since and made over 150 guest appearances on other albums and soundtracks
- A recipient of nine Grammy Awards, in addition to receiving a record of thirty Grammy nominations, and also known as the Queen of Hip Hop Soul, Blige is one of few entertainers in history to have eight or more albums to reach multi-platinum status
- My Life, in particular, is considered among the greatest albums ever recorded according to Rolling Stone, Time, and Vibe
- For her part in combining hip-hop and soul in the early-1990s and its subsequent commercial success, Blige received the Legends Award at the World Music Awards
- Blige also received the Voice of Music Award from performance rights organization ASCAP, with its official Jeanie Weems stating that "[Blige's] music has been the voice of inspiration to women worldwide in both struggle and triumph
- " Blige made Time magazine's "Time 100" list of influential individuals around the world in 2007
- As of 2013, Blige has sold more than 50 million albums and 25 million singles worldwide
- Billboard ranked Blige as the most successful female R&B artist of the past 25 years
- The magazine also lists her 2006 song "Be Without You" as the top R&B song of the 2000s, as it spent an unparalleled 15 weeks atop the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart
- In 2011, VH1 ranked Blige as the 80th greatest artist of all time