Newt Gingrich facts
- He represented Georgia's 6th congressional district as a Republican from 1979 until his resignation in 1999, and served as the 50th Speaker of the U
- House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999
- In 2012, Gingrich was a candidate for the Republican Party presidential nomination
- In the 1970s, Gingrich taught history and geography at the University of West Georgia
- During this period he ran twice (1974 and 1976) for the United States House of Representatives before winning in November 1978
- He served as House Minority Whip from 1989 to 1995
- A co-author and architect of the "Contract with America", Gingrich was a major leader in the Republican victory in the 1994 congressional election
- In 1995, Time named him "Man of the Year" for "his role in ending the four-decades-long Democratic majority in the House"
- While he was House Speaker, the House enacted welfare reform, passed a capital gains tax cut in 1997, and in 1998 passed the first balanced budget since 1969
Use the comment section below to share your opinion about Newt Gingrich.
See Top Celebrities on:
11newtown, ????Newton???????, Alisha Newton, ArabNewTech | Best web solutions ?????? ???????, Bert Newton, BNEWTECH, Newt Gingrich
Akhilesh Yadav, Justin Trudeau, Kim Jong-un, Paul Ryan VP, Shashi Tharoor, George W. Bush, Ted Cruz, Joe Biden, Hugo Chavez, Cory Booker, Bill Clinton, Mike Pence / Michael Pence, John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Lula, Paul Ryan, Nicolas Sarkozy, Michael Bloomberg, Goodluck Jonathan, Herman Cain
Info source: , social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us