- American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist
|Real name:||Oprah Gail Winfrey|
|How tall is Oprah Winfrey?||169 cm / 5 ft 7 in|
|Weight|| 77 kg / 170 lbs||When was Oprah Winfrey born?||29 January 1954|
|How old is Oprah Winfrey in 2017? ||63 years|
|Where was Oprah Winfrey born?||Kosciusko, Mississippi, USA|
|Nicknames:||O, The Preacher, Queen of All Media|
Net worth 2017
|How much does Oprah Winfrey worth?||$3,100,000,000|
|Hair color:||Dark Brown|
|Eyes color:||Dark Brown|
Who is Oprah Winfrey? / Facts
- She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history
- She has been ranked the richest African-American of the 20th century, the greatest black philanthropist in American history, and is currently North America's first and only multi-billionaire black person
- Several assessments regard her as the most influential woman in the world
- In 2013, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama and honorary doctorate degrees from Duke and Harvard
- Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood
- She has stated that she was molested during her childhood and early teens and became pregnant at 14; her son died in infancy
- Sent to live with the man she calls her father, a barber in Tennessee, Winfrey landed a job in radio while still in high school and began co-anchoring the local evening news at the age of 19
- Her emotional ad-lib delivery eventually got her transferred to the daytime-talk-show arena, and after boosting a third-rated local Chicago talk show to first place, she launched her own production company and became internationally syndicated
- Credited with creating a more intimate confessional form of media communication, she is thought to have popularized and revolutionized the tabloid talk show genre pioneered by Phil Donahue, which a Yale study says broke 20th-century taboos and allowed LGBT people to enter the mainstream
- By the mid-1990s, she had reinvented her show with a focus on literature, self-improvement, and spirituality
Lincoln High School, Nicolet High School, East Nashville High School, Tennessee State University
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.
- The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
- Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.
- Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.