- Dutch hardstyle and hard dance DJ, headlining some of the biggest events of this genre.
- He is also part of the supergroup Minus Militia, alongside Chain Reaction and Crypsis.
|Real name:||Joey van Ingen|
|Where was Radical Redemption born?||Denekamp, The Netherlands|
|Residence:||Denekamp, The Netherlands|
Who is Radical Redemption? / Facts
- The foundation - Born in 1990, Joey van Ingen, took up drumming at just 10 years of age. He joined several music projects, his main one being Pacific. He concentrated on the rhytmic part of the percussion area, and later discovered the hard dance genre.
- The start - It all connected in 2004 when young Joey, aged 14, started listening to hardstyle and hardcore and bought his first DJ set, including 2 turntables and a mixer, blacklights, lasers and converted his father's garage into a small club, a small darkroom included above it. He played there every Friday night for his friends, as a warm up before going to their favorite club, Disco.
- DJ-ing and producing - Following his success among his friends and his passion for the genre, he trialed and became the resident DJ at Disco Tijs from 2008 to 2012. That's also the time when he started producing. That's where he got his energy from and worked almosst 24/7 for a while. He states that "The studio is my home, to be honest."
- 2015, a dream came true - Selling every single ticket available for his solo show The One Man Army, in 2015, was something Radical Redemption couldn't believe that was already happening. It sold out two weeks before the show. For 2016, he sold out within the first 5 hours after the sale started.
- Minus is More - In 2011, Joey signed with Minus is More, an independent label that brings together people that like to stand out and express themselves in their unique style. Whatever they want released they can do it. However they have to earn their membership and gain the label's trust. Radical Redemption released 3 solo albums and one with Minus Militia here.
- Minus Militia - One of the pillars of the supergroup Minus Militia alongside Chain Reaction and Crypsis. Set up like a military theme, the Minus Milita is all about the "we-feeling" against the world, standing up and defining yourself as an individual.
- The suit - Known for his unusual outfit, he wanted to stand out, do something different, wants people to know immediately that Radical Redemption is playing on the stage, and gather people around. It's one of his trademarks now.
- Ableton live - Radical Redemption uses Ableton live for his live performances. He sets up a mix before the concert and then adds in the samples depending on what he feels right and what the audience responds to.
- Pre-concert - 6 weeks prior to the concert, Radical Redemption sends in his base tracks so that the engineers cand synchronize the songs to the firewoks and other light shows.
- "The whole Militia thing is set up like a real military theme. We also perform like 6 times a year, so we keep it exclusive. That’s also because we all have our solo-careers which go really well for us."
- "In a DJ-set you have your seperate tracks and you mix them together. With a live-act you make a mix before the event. So the 30-minute mix is done. You can’t do anything about it. You put it in Ableton and then you start to think what you will do with it live."
- "For Radical Redemption live it’s the whole f***ing experience. The event organizers want the whole show to be huge. If you see a fireworks show, it’s all synced. You send in your tracks 6 weeks in advance so the fireworks company can sync the show."
- "But for me Radical Redemption live is more about the show. To create something with our live-act. The shit needs to be tight man."
- "Be a rebel, be whoever you want to be!"
- "The Statement of Intent album by Crypsis was a huge eye-opener for me. That's the album that started the style-shift within the hard dance scene."
- "I still have this unlimited amount of energy when I enter the studio. The studio is my home, to be honest."
- "This year, the sold-out sign appeared within three, five hours after the ticket-sale started. That's just unbelievable, I still cannot believe it, I don't think I will ever really believe it. But I'm enjoying it every day, it's the highest form of recognition your fans can give you."
- "Can I distinguish Radical Redemption from Joey van Ingen? No, I am both, each second of every day."
Radical Redemption Social Media Accounts
Black Radical Mk II, Blue Radical, Kyw Radical Sports, Linda Evans (radical), Protandim - Age like a 20-year-old. Kill millions of Free Radicals, Radical de Dolj, Red Dead Redemption, Shawshank Redemption, The Shawshank Redemption