|Real name:||Rafael Nadal Parera|
|How tall is Rafael Nadal?||185 cm / 6 ft 1 in|
|Weight|| 85 kg / 187 lbs||When was Rafael Nadal born?||03 June 1986|
|How old is Rafael Nadal in 2017? ||31 years|
|Where was Rafael Nadal born?||Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|Residence:||Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|Nicknames:||Rafa, The king of clay, Jetboy, Pirateboy, King of pain, The Ogre|
|How much does Rafael Nadal worth?||$140,000,000|
|Hair color:||Dark Brown|
Who is Rafael Nadal? / Facts
- Prodigy - Started playing at 3; at 8 years old he won an under-12 regional tournament; at 12 he won the Spanish and European tennis titles for his age group; turned pro at 15; at 19 he won the French Open the first time he took part in this tournament. This was a good year for him, bringing him 11 singles titles, most of them on clay.
- Ambidextrous - Although right handed, he plays left handed. His uncle and coach, Toni, noticed he hit the ball double handed when young, so he trained him to play with his left hand to put an advantage over his opponents.
- Man of words - Editor for the El Periodico de Catalunya newspaper.
- Likes to give back - Has his own foundation, Fundacion Rafael Nadal, set up in 2007. He also started the Nadal Academy in Anantapur, India for unprivileged children.
- Various interests - Nadal looks beyond tennis. He loves football (huge Real Madrid supporter), poker and golf.
- Fun man - Loves music so much that he starred in Shakira's Gypsy video. Quite a good match actually.
- Cynophobus - Sounds pretty awful, but he's actually just afraid of dogs, as he considers them unpredictable. I guess they don't move that much as tennis balls. Could try throwing them one to divert attention.
- Family man - Very close to his parents (although their 2009 separation affected his results significantly). Texts or phones his sisters at least 10 times per day. With his intense life I guess there is a lot to talk about.
- Biscuit man - He is Quely's ambassador, a company that manufactures biscuits.
- A star - Well, more like an asteroid actually. The astronomical observatory in Mallorca named an asteroid after Nadal
- "Being home alone at night makes me a bit nervous. If I'm at home alone I have to sleep on the sofa.I can't face going to bed. I'm there with the TV on and all the lights on. I'm not very brave about anything in life. In tennis, yes. In everything else, not very."
- "This (Fundacion Rafael Nadal) can be the beginning of my future, when I retire and have more time, I am doing very well and I owe society."
- "I doubt their (the dogs') intentions.”
- "Everybody tries to take lessons from defeat, but I try to take them from victories too."
- "In your career you have a lot of good moments and bad ones. The important thing is to have enough motivation to keep working all the days with humility and trying to be a better player than before. I am going to try to continue doing this."
- "This was the toughest match of my life, ... I want to thank the fans, without whom I would have lost."
- "If you lack passion, you won't find victory."
- “Enduring means accepting. Accepting things as they are and not as you would wish them to be, and then looking ahead, not behind.”
- “I have no sense of humor about losing”
- "Losing is not my enemy. Fear of losing is."
- "The glory is being happy. The glory is not winning here or winning there. The glory is enjoying practicing, enjoy every day, enjoying to work hard, trying to be a better player than before."
Rafael Nadal Social Media Accounts
Latest video on Youtube