- Russian-American singer-songwriter and pianist
|Real name:||Regina Ilyinichna Spektor|
|How tall is Regina Spektor?||162 cm / 5 ft 4 in|
|Weight|| 60 kg / 132 lbs||When was Regina Spektor born?||18 February 1980|
|How old is Regina Spektor in 2018? ||37 years|
|Where was Regina Spektor born?||Moscow, Russia|
|Residence:||New York, USA|
Net worth 2017
|How much does Regina Spektor worth?||$12,000,000|
|Hair color:||Reddish Brown|
Who is Regina Spektor? / Facts
- Born in Russia - She was born in the Soviet Union and she started to learn piano at the age of six
- Songwriting - Her parents emigrated to the US when she was 9. She continued here her piano lessons and then started to write her own songs
- Recognition - She became popular after her her first 3 records; in 2004 she signed with Sire Records and she became even more successful
- Up&up on charts - Her albums, Far and What We Saw from the Cheap Seats, debuted at number 3 in Billboard 200
- Musical background - Her father was an amateur violinist and her mother a music professor
- SAR Academy
- Frisch School, New Jersey
- Fair Lawn High School, in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
- Conservatory of Music at Purchase College
- I used to be such a militant city-ist, but more and more I've seen forests and nature and oceans, and I don't know any more if this is the awesomest way to live.
- Usually, I write it all together. The words and the piano part just come to find where they sit together, and the sounds and everything just kind of roll around over and over, until it all settles as a song. Sometimes I'll hum while walking and write a song, but usually I can never figure out a piano part to it later. It just stays an a Capella song.
It feels very good to sing in Russian. It feels so good inside my body.
- You make something, and you really have fun with it, and you try to put emotion in it, and at the end of the day, you have no idea how the tide is going to fall. You don't know if everyone's going to like it, if everyone's going to hate it, if it's going to be like you're a media darling, or all of a sudden you're a sellout. You have no idea
I go through insanity before a show. It's not really a process but it's like absolute mortal fear.
This is the way I wanna die. Torn apart by angry fans who want me to play a different song.
Regina Spektor Social Media Accounts