- Swiss professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 16 by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP)
|Real name:||Roger Federer|
|How tall is Roger Federer?||185 cm / 6 ft 1 in|
|Weight|| 85 kg / 187 lbs||When was Roger Federer born?||08 August 1981|
|How old is Roger Federer in 2017? ||36 years|
|Where was Roger Federer born?||Basel, Switzerland|
|Nicknames:||FedEx, The Swiss Maestro, The Swiss watch, Captain Wasabi, Der Künstler, The Natural|
|How much does Roger Federer worth?||$350,000,000|
|Nationality:||Swiss, South African|
|Hair color:||Light Brown|
|Eyes color:||Light Brown|
Who is Roger Federer? / Facts
- Constant player - The only male player to have won 5 consecutive US Open champion titles. That's something.. Also won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year for 4 consecutive years. That's what I call a steady guy.
- Nationalities cocktail - Coming from his South African mother, whose ancestors were Dutch and Huguenots.
- Polyglot - Speaks Swiss German, Standard German, English and French fluently. He also speaks good Italian, Spanish and Swedish. Guess he uses his time well while flying to various tournaments.
- Followed by doubles - Is a father of a twin pair of girls. A few years later he became a father of a pair of twin boys. His sister is also a mother of twins. Call that a lucky strike!
- A strong foundation - For a better world one would say after reading a bit about the Roger Federer Foundation, with the aim of helping out disadvantaged children and ease the access to sports and education. He is highly involved in charity events. His "Match for Africa 2" alone, against fellow swiss Wawrinka raised over £850k for projects related to education in South Africa.
- Got milk? - After winning his first Wimbledon, he was awarded with Juliette, a well raised milking cow, as a gift from the tournament organizers.
- Has the smell of success - Has his own perfume, RF.
- Explorer - He could have his own Federer map, as he was able to plant his flag in 15 different countries, as winner of major ATP titles.
- One man to rule them all - Well he could have, but he picked tennis. Other options when he was a kid were basketball, badminton, cricket and football.
- Postman - His face is on a Swiss stamp, the only living person who has that honor. He also has a street named after him. Oh, and a train. Wonder what's next
- "Sometimes people think tennis life is only fun when you win, and when you lose clearly it's a disaster. Yes, that's disappointing, and it's not much fun. But at the same time, you can enjoy life while moving on with your career. If you have the big picture in mind, then you realise that missing a few too many forehands has zero impact on how I will actually sleep tonight."
- "Sometimes, of course, I do some cleaning. It's all part of the grind."
- "People sometimes miss it and sometimes they don't have it and they want it, and when they have it, they don't want it."
- "I would so like to be Lenny Kravitz."
- "Previously I always thought it was just tactical and technique, but every match has become almost mental and physical—I try to push myself to move well. I try to push myself not to get upset and stay positive, and that's what my biggest improvement is over all those years. Under pressure I can see things very clear."
- "Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media, unfortunately, don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not, obviously, what is the point? Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that, ever."
Roger Federer Social Media Accounts
Latest video on Youtube