- Actor, film producer and musician from New Zealand
|Real name:||Russell Ira Crowe|
|How tall is Russell Crowe?||182 cm / 6 ft 0 in||When was Russell Crowe born?||07 April 1964|
|How old is Russell Crowe in 2018? ||53 years|
|Where was Russell Crowe born?||Wellington, New Zealand|
Net worth 2018 (estimated)
|How much does Russell Crowe worth?||$75,000,000|
|Hair color:||Light brown|
Who is Russell Crowe? / Facts
- Australian - Although a New Zealand citizen, he has lived most of his life in Australia and identifies himself as an Australian
- Rise to fame - He came to international attention for his role as the Roman General Maximus Decimus Meridius in the 2000 historical epic film Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott, for which Crowe won an Academy Award for Best Actor, a Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor, an Empire Award for Best Actor and a London Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor and 10 further nominations for best actor
- Crowe appeared as the tobacco firm whistle blower Jeffrey Wigand in the 1999 film The Insider, for which he received five awards as best actor and seven nominations in the same category
- In 2001, Crowe's portrayal of mathematician and Nobel Prize winner John F. Nash in the biopic A Beautiful Mind brought him numerous awards, including a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
- Crowe's other films include Romper Stomper (1992), L.A. Confidential (1997), Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003), Cinderella Man (2005), American Gangster (2007), State of Play (2009), Robin Hood (2010), Les Misérables (2012), Man of Steel (2013) and Noah (2014)
- Crowe's work has earned him several accolades during his career and including a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, three consecutive Academy Award nominations (1999–2001), one Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, one BAFTA, and an Academy Award
- Crowe is also the co-owner of the South Sydney Rabbitohs, an Australian National Rugby League team
- People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused.
- I'm destined to be attracted to those I cannot defeat.
You don't have to like an actor to do a scene with him. You don't have to like a director. But it's just better if you do. And I think, you know, you've got to begin that with respect.
I believe if you take on characters for a living you can't make yourself into an icon in order to sell a pair of shoes.
I just didn't want to work on that movie in the type of environment that was being created because of the needs of the budget. I do charity work, but I don't do charity work for major studios.
The reality break was that my kids never saw me smoke and Charlie is a little older at six and is in that phase where he is sneaking up on me all the time. I was in my office ... and I thought I heard my office door open and I looked around and couldn't see anything, so I had my cigarette. Later on I leant over to put my cigarette out and he was lying between the couch and the table and he very definitely saw me having a smoke. And that was my very last one.
Russell Crowe Social Media Accounts
A.G. Russell, Aaren Russell, Aaron Russell, Adam Russell, Adam Russell (musician), Addison Russell, A. G. Crowe, Alan Crowe, Allison Crowe, Andrew Crowell, Angelo Crowell, Anthony Crowell