- Romanian professional tennis player, among the top in the WTA rankings. Her top position was number 2 in WTA, in 2014
|How tall is Simona Halep?||168 cm / 5 ft 7 in|
|Weight|| 60 kg / 132 lbs||When was Simona Halep born?||27 September 1991|
|How old is Simona Halep in 2017? ||26 years|
|Where was Simona Halep born?||Constanta, Romania|
|Nicknames:||Halepeno, Super Simo|
|How much does Simona Halep worth?||$9,000,000|
Who is Simona Halep? / Facts
- Style: Aggressive baseliner, fast on court, great footwork and technique, aggressive player, balance
- Hand: Right handed, double handed backhand
- Weakness: height, internal struggles
- Titles: 14 singles titles
- Tournament rewards: $14,456,788
- Coach: Darren Cahill
- Playing since: age 4
- Turned pro: in 2006
- Road - Started playing tennis when she was just 4, following the footstep of her older brother. Turned pro at 15 and moved to Bucharest the following year to pursue her career in tennis. She cracked the top 50 barrier in 2012 and reached top 30 the following year.
- Looks up to - Justine Henin and Andrei Pavel have been named as her idols. She holds a huge fan base in her home country, Romania, and is certainly looked up to herself.
- Surgery - She had a breast reduction surgery when she was 17, in 2009, saying that "It's the weight that troubles me. My ability to react quickly, my breasts make me uncomfortable when I play. I would have gone for surgery even if I hadn’t been a sportswoman."
- Family - Born in a family of Aromanian descent. Her father was a former football player. He owns a dairy products factory.
- Endorsements - Adidas, Nike, Lacoste, Vodafone, Dedeman are among the brands that have backed Simona over the years
- "It's the weight that troubles me. My ability to react quickly, my breasts make me uncomfortable when I play. I don’t like them in my everyday life, either. I would have gone for surgery even if I hadn’t been a sportswoman."
- "I don't have big muscles. I'm not tall. I have power inside. I fight."
- "Everyone is fighting like crazy because it's the last Grand Slam. When you play the Grand Slams, you just have to give everything you have."
- "I was fighting till the end. I did everything I could to win the match, i'm tired, I can say."
- "I can say I feel ready because I just won a premier tournament which is almost like a grand slam, but still I am very far and I just want to be very focused."
- "My dream is to win a grand slam, I don't know if it will happen in this life. But I just want to work hard every day to reach a major title."
- "When Serena Williams is number one, its hard to think of being number one, but still I have confidence that I can win more titles and reach a higher ranking."
Simona Halep Social Media Accounts