|Real name:||Viggo Peter Mortensen Jr.|
|How tall is Viggo Mortensen?||180 cm / 5 ft 11 in||When was Viggo Mortensen born?||20 October 1958|
|How old is Viggo Mortensen in 2018? ||59 years|
|Where was Viggo Mortensen born?||Manhattan, New York, USA|
Net worth 2018 (estimated)
|How much does Viggo Mortensen worth?||$30,000,000|
Who is Viggo Mortensen? / Facts
- He made his film debut in Peter Weir's 1985 thriller Witness, and subsequently appeared in many notable films of subsequent years, including The Indian Runner (1991), Carlito's Way (1993), Crimson Tide (1995), Daylight (1996), The Portrait of a Lady (1996), G.I. Jane (1997), A Perfect Murder (1998), A Walk on the Moon (1999), and 28 Days (2000)
- Mortensen received international attention in the early 2000s with his role as Aragorn in the epic film trilogy The Lord of the Rings
- In 2005, Mortensen won critical acclaim for David Cronenberg's crime thriller A History of Violence
- Two years later, another Cronenberg film Eastern Promises (2007) earned him further critical acclaim and a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor
- A third teaming with Cronenberg in A Dangerous Method (2011) resulted in a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor - Motion Picture
- Other well-received films have included Appaloosa (2008), the 2009 film adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's novel The Road, and Far from Men, an adaptation of Albert Camus' short story The Guest
- Aside from acting, his other artistic pursuits include fine arts, photography, poetry, and music
- In 2002, he founded the Perceval Press to publish the works of little-known artists and authors
- On the role of an actor in film: "It comes down to the fact that you supply the blue, and they supply the other colors and mix them with your blue, and maybe there's some blue left in the painting and maybe there isn't. Maybe there wasn't supposed to be any there in the first place. So have some fun and make a good blue and walk away."
I'm not 23 years old and I don't have plans to make another 20 big Hollywood movies or something.
Life is short... I like to pay attention while I'm going through it. Whatever I see, like anyone else, I'm going to filter it and create my own idea of what it is. - on painting, creating music, writing poetry, and taking photographs in addition to acting.
Viggo Mortensen Social Media Accounts
Glódís Perla Viggósdóttir, Trond Viggo Toresen, Trond-Viggo Torgersen, Viggo Andersen Network, Viggo Jensen (footballer, born 1947), Viggo Johansen (journalist), Alex Mortensen, Audun Mortensen, Beverly Mortensen, Carlos Mortensen, Casper Ulrich Mortensen, Chris Mortensen